#1 08.05.2012 04:57:55

kevin551
Player
Posts: 302

Longturn History

I have been browsing the old longturn.org website looking for details of Maho's random TC patch.

I found something else that seemed appropriate. The victorious Finnish team in LT30 is currently getting a lot of flak in these forums from members of the losing team.

This kind of criticism is not new in Longturn. In fact it occurs frequently. One of the finer examples can be viewed here. http://old.longturn.org/ltxv-team-game You will recognise many of the same faces.

My advice to the Finns is to take such attacks on the forum as part of the psychological warfare used in the game. I hope you stay and fight another game. And congratulations on the victory.

Offline

#2 08.05.2012 05:20:43

cgalik
Player
From: Chicago
Posts: 206

Re: Longturn History

kevin551 wrote:

The victorious Finnish team in LT30 is currently getting a lot of flak in these forums from members of the losing team...

Hey now, I consider my self a part of the victorious team, even though I am not Finnish!  Please refer to us as "The Noobish Squad."  smile  I am 100% American (and 50% Slovakian)!

Offline

#3 08.05.2012 11:07:36

pekka
Player
Posts: 22

Re: Longturn History

kevin551 wrote:

I have been browsing the old longturn.org website looking for details of Maho's random TC patch.

I found something else that seemed appropriate. The victorious Finnish team in LT30 is currently getting a lot of flak in these forums from members of the losing team.

This kind of criticism is not new in Longturn. In fact it occurs frequently. One of the finer examples can be viewed here. http://old.longturn.org/ltxv-team-game You will recognise many of the same faces.

My advice to the Finns is to take such attacks on the forum as part of the psychological warfare used in the game. I hope you stay and fight another game. And congratulations on the victory.


Is it me, not understanding something here? And since you so gracefully put your finger on 2 fractions of the players, I will use the same division in my polemic. Lets start establishing 2 facts:

First: JHH (finnish) was the player bitching about 5sec TC-moves here on this forum.

Second: Some other players (me and some old LT-players) are bitching about the 24/7+logging scripts trick.

The difference, if you are able to see it, is this:
A herostratic player did take his harakiri using some illigal tricks. On the other hand we have the "so innocent" SQL-boys who do not seem to be able to grasp that their "passive" modifications are just as bad for the game. I have not seen 1 line in this forum where any of these SQL-boys take any self-critisism about their own behavior. But I have seen a lot of bitching about others using "active" scripts that disable their "passive" 24/7-SQL-logging scripts. Since the SQL-boys apparently are totally not able to do this kind of self-critisism, somebody need to help them remember this fact. If not, the SQL-boys will totally indulge in an orgy of hypocritism.

I did see nothing in that old thread about this 24/7+logging scripts trick. Im sure if you dig long enough, you will find it in old forum too. Kevin, I really dont know what you tried to achieve with this post. Throwing even more gasoline on an exploding fire?

Pekka

Last edited by pekka (08.05.2012 11:15:16)

Offline

#4 08.05.2012 13:12:42

kevin551
Player
Posts: 302

Re: Longturn History

pekka wrote:

I really dont know what you tried to achieve with this post. Throwing even more gasoline on an exploding fire?

Pekka

Who me? Really. Exploding fires. Now that sounds like fun.

Offline

#5 08.05.2012 18:13:13

munk
Player
Posts: 35

Re: Longturn History

pekka wrote:

the "so innocent" SQL-boys

Just out of curiousity, who is logging stuff 24/7 in an SQL database? I heard talk about the *possibility* that it could be done, but as far as I know, the same number of people are doing this as are using "illegal scripting to make stealth fighters disappear and reappear". IE: 0.

Offline

#6 08.05.2012 20:52:15

jhh
Player
Posts: 79

Re: Longturn History

pekka wrote:

On the other hand we have the "so innocent" SQL-boys who do not seem to be able to grasp that their "passive" modifications are just as bad for the game. I have not seen 1 line in this forum where any of these SQL-boys take any self-critisism about their own behavior.

That's because most of us "SQL boys" don't even use logging script, or any other script. Actually nobody even uses SQL as far as I know. That doesn't change even if you keep suggesting that day after day.

There has been same amount of people using logging script on our side than yours. That's AFAIK just 2 or 3 people in the whole game, and one of them already banned.

So it's really annoying that you keep suggesting that for example I would be using that script -- not to mention even most of the people that keep client open 24/7. I'm quite sure most of them don't use modified client.

Offline

#7 23.05.2012 11:36:49

edrim
Ganoes Paran
Posts: 478

Re: Longturn History

kevin551 wrote:

This kind of criticism is not new in Longturn. In fact it occurs frequently. One of the finer examples can be viewed here. http://old.longturn.org/ltxv-team-game You will recognise many of the same faces.

Sorry about that but i was little busy last time. I promis that next time my face will be shown in a pack of trolls. Btw, should we poll about kicking those players which used scripted clients to use it in LT30? :lol

Offline

#8 23.05.2012 15:09:43

jhh
Player
Posts: 79

Re: Longturn History

edrim wrote:

Sorry about that but i was little busy last time. I promis that next time my face will be shown in a pack of trolls. Btw, should we poll about kicking those players which used scripted clients to use it in LT30? :lol

How are you going to verify who used scripts and who didn't? Staying online DOES NOT mean that.

Offline

#9 23.05.2012 18:50:33

KG
Player
Posts: 26

Re: Longturn History

For me this indication is enough wink

Offline

#10 24.05.2012 01:54:30

kevin551
Player
Posts: 302

Re: Longturn History

Good to know Edrim has woken up at last. Spring in Poland must have been late this year.
I recommend this movie for you. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740707/

Offline

#11 24.05.2012 06:44:17

edrim
Ganoes Paran
Posts: 478

Re: Longturn History

kevin551 wrote:

Good to know Edrim has woken up at last. Spring in Poland must have been late this year.
I recommend this movie for you. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740707/

Yesterday i have seen http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt1614989/, it is very good movie.

jhh wrote:

How are you going to verify who used scripts and who didn't? Staying online DOES NOT mean that.

Btw, this is simple, some players are known to use illegal sciprts, so if you know any player with this you should report him:)

Offline

#12 24.05.2012 07:36:08

jhh
Player
Posts: 79

Re: Longturn History

KG wrote:

For me this indication is enough wink

What indication? As I've told before I have never used scripts in longturn.org or any other game played against humans. Still you guys are constantly implying that -- but you couldn't be more wrong.

Fact that you clearly don't believe my word is insulting. I never lie, especially outside of a game.

Scripts were actually really new thing for most of us from the finnish games since they have been banned in our local games. Even that it's actually really common there to be online 24/7 -- yet really uncommon to use any kind of scripts.

Offline

#13 24.05.2012 07:38:42

jhh
Player
Posts: 79

Re: Longturn History

edrim wrote:

Btw, this is simple, some players are known to use illegal sciprts, so if you know any player with this you should report him:)

I was asking this just because I am getting the feeling constantly that people think I use scripts, yet I have never used them in games against humans. That's a problem since there is no good way to verify it.

Offline

#14 24.05.2012 12:49:22

edrim
Ganoes Paran
Posts: 478

Re: Longturn History

jhh wrote:

I was asking this just because I am getting the feeling constantly that people think I use scripts, yet I have never used them in games against humans. That's a problem since there is no good way to verify it.

:FUN

This is very funny to back here, i remember one time when Kryon and some other player switch his passwords:)

jhh if you said that you are not using scripts that is ok, but saying here about not lieing is very risky.

Offline

#15 24.05.2012 17:14:16

jhh
Player
Posts: 79

Re: Longturn History

edrim wrote:

jhh if you said that you are not using scripts that is ok, but saying here about not lieing is very risky.

Risky how? It's simple. I don't [intenttionally] lie. That of course doesn't mean that I would be always right, nor that I know/remember everything right. It simply means that when I say it, I think it's truth.

Offline

#16 24.05.2012 20:41:03

mrsynical
Player
Posts: 171

Re: Longturn History

jhh wrote:
edrim wrote:

jhh if you said that you are not using scripts that is ok, but saying here about not lieing is very risky.

Risky how? It's simple. I don't [intenttionally] lie. That of course doesn't mean that I would be always right, nor that I know/remember everything right. It simply means that when I say it, I think it's truth.

Rather than say you don't use scripts, why do you just state who (you believe/know) are using scripts and/or other add-on systems ...

Offline

#17 24.05.2012 23:28:50

wieder
Administrator
Posts: 1,107

Re: Longturn History

I can most certainly tell you the people I know who have been using modded clients.

They are Akfaef, Aloril and Terror.

Those two first ones have been using only passive mods. Those are fully allowed in the rules. The last one has been using a rock on his client to perform selected automatic actions in addition to the passive modifications.

Offline

#18 25.05.2012 03:23:50

jhh
Player
Posts: 79

Re: Longturn History

Yeah, I don't know any other but those who wieder told.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB