#1 20.05.2012 13:51:54

akfaew
Administrator

removing idlers

We have some idlers, I'll /remove them. Any objections?

Modeemirotta
Ollikka
Feinu
Zsigy
Canuck101
Trajan
Terror
Maho
Seyit
Hamy
Chomwitt
Lifeinblue
Mmm2
SpaceDet
Ninja_pica_pica
Roravun
Pygmalion86
VorreCrosser
Kaurin
Linuxass
Greycrux
Enage

#2 21.05.2012 18:19:31

cgalik
Player

Re: removing idlers

Please do.  They can always rejoin as it's an experimental game.

Thanks for administrating, akfaew.

#3 22.05.2012 13:20:26

johnhx
Player

Yes. I saw a comment from Lord_P to the effect that Ninja_pica_pica was “no more”. Presumably he has been sharpening up military units on helpless workers, settlers and explorers thereby gaining an advantage. Something I was planning to do later.

I would like to know where the late comers are going. Am I suddenly going to find I have a neighbour I didn’t know about?

#4 22.05.2012 19:21:40

Robodave
Player

If it's like the last game, they start on ships in the ocean.

#5 22.05.2012 21:37:59

Lord_P
Player

Hehe yes, but I havent completely wiped him out. Just so he cant do anything on my island if he does come online...

Personaly I think it would be good if ALL players started in the sea, including at the beginning. That way there would be no advantage/disadvantage for players appearing next to an Idle/Aggressive player.
Maybe starting boats should slowly lose health until they sink if idle?

#6 23.05.2012 08:49:16

johnhx
Player

Robodave wrote:

If it's like the last game, they start on ships in the ocean.

Thanks for the reply. It was only a few turns ago I realised people were joining late. Perhaps there should be a thread to announce people starting late so I don’t have to check the Players List every turn.

#7 23.05.2012 09:59:12

Lord_P
Player

Maybe its a good idea if new players are added at regular intervals, say every 10 turns, so that they are expected and come in waves.
I like the idea of later players effectively filling the role of barbarians/pirates. So a minimum of settlers but a good invasion force with equivalent technology. The challenge would be for established players to defend against each wave and if new players are unsuccesful in establishing a foothold on land then they can respawn next time round.

#8 25.05.2012 18:26:52

akfaew
Administrator

removed

Board footer