#1 23.03.2013 10:03:35

Kryon
Player

Food waste and Industrialization

I've encountered two unexpected issues:

The food waste by distance is not affected by the governments. Even in communism you get a lot of food waste for far cities. Was that intended?

Industrialization cancels both the effect of Temple of Artemis and the effect of Mysticism (both of which double the effect of Temple). So before Industrialization, Temple made 4 citizens happy, afterwards, only 1 citizen happy. It was not supposed to cancel the effect of Mysicism, was it?

#2 23.03.2013 14:21:20

bardo
Player

Re: Food waste and Industrialization

The food waste by distance is not affected by the governments

This was intended, altough I suggested to disable the food waste for LT games in big maps.
The courthouse halves it.

Industrialization cancels both the effect of Temple of Artemis and the effect of Mysticism

This was not intended. I didn't know Industry disables Mysticism.

Last edited by bardo (23.03.2013 14:54:50)

#3 24.03.2013 01:58:38

Dimitril
Player

Industrialization is unrelated, Communism government does remove those bonus. It was written in the ruleset.

#4 25.03.2013 07:30:28

det0r
Player

So food waste and "waste" are different things? Perhaps the city management screen needs to be modified to show this.

#5 28.03.2013 19:44:26

Kryon
Player

yes, food waste and production waste are two different things.

Btw, I found this from the civ2civ3 ruleset description: "Communism cancels the bonus from Mysticism and Theology (to Temples and Cathedrals)". So, it was Communism, not Industrialization and it was intended.

#6 01.04.2013 23:00:47

bardo
Player

What Kryon said about Communism is right. I'd clarify that the bonus from Mysticism and Theology are canceled when you chose Communist as your government. It does not affect the discovery of the Communism tech.
I have verified that Industrialization should not affect the happiness. It just increases the pollution caused by population.

I agree that the waste of food should be showed in a different line in the city dialog. I'll suggest it in the development forum (I'm not a developer myself, I only helped to fix some bug, and I help to maintain this ruleset).

About waste of food, there is another effect in this ruleset where cities lose food, due to upkeep of units. I try to explain it more accurate in the latest readme:

If a city supports more units with gold upkeep than its population size, each extra unit will waste one food (free units = pop size: min 4, max 20). If the population shrinks due to starvation, one of those extra units will be disbanded.

Last edited by bardo (02.04.2013 01:15:05)

Board footer