#51 03.06.2013 10:03:46

viznut
Player

Re: LT31 Winner Claims

I do not claim victory. My success in the late part of the game was mostly due to the assistance from the more experienced alliance members.

#52 03.06.2013 10:18:08

Joris
Player

No enemy units ever stood foot on my mainland, and i was first in many demographics and also very high in military. I do not admit defeat and claim victory. (A draw isn't an option right?)

#53 03.06.2013 10:42:41

ifaesfu
Player
Website

Dimitril wrote:

Fear not, if there's some winners or if it end up in tie, you where exterminated and you will loose the game just the same. This only affect player who survived.

I repeat: Any alive player/alliance (size 7 max) can claim victory. But if only another alive player/alliance doesn't surrender, then it's a tie. If you and others want to re-write the rules, go ahead, but as the rules are now, this game is a tie because different alliances are claiming victory.
By the way, I'm not talking about me, as if dead players would have something to say, I would say "I don't surrender". You don't need to be alive in a game to talk about the rules.
I don't know how the ranking point exactly works, but I think all dead players will lose the same amount of points that the alive players will share evenly. Otherwise, it's not legal.

Last edited by ifaesfu (03.06.2013 10:48:26)

#54 03.06.2013 11:10:11

edrim
Ganoes Paran

ifaesfu wrote:

By the way, I'm not talking about me, as if dead players would have something to say, I would say "I don't surrender". You don't need to be alive in a game to talk about the rules.

Ifaesu - you should better speak to a wall, they dont change theirs minds. They can change theirs minds if there will bo more then 7 polayers claiming victories in this pathetic topic and after thet maybe one of them will says that the list of claimers are closed after 7 players joining winning alliance:) LOL

#55 03.06.2013 12:09:26

Archont
Player

I'm really becoming somewhat happy that I went idle, because those zapasy w kisielu start to be disgusting. Or, if I had delegated and returned to this game and survived, I would claim victory because I survived being a noob to FreeCiv. But I would do it only as 8th claimant.
L
O
L

Last edited by Archont (03.06.2013 12:15:22)

..(`)     In my spirit lies my faith
.(  )     Stronger than love and with me it will be
/(* *)  For always
./(_)()
Orchestra!

#56 03.06.2013 12:34:49

edrim
Ganoes Paran

ifaesfu wrote:

I repeat: Any alive player/alliance (size 7 max) can claim victory. But if only another alive player/alliance doesn't surrender, then it's a tie. If you and others want to re-write the rules, go ahead, but as the rules are now, this game is a tie because different alliances are claiming victory.
I don't know how the ranking point exactly works, but I think all dead players will lose the same amount of points that the alive players will share evenly. Otherwise, it's not legal.

Calm down, i am trying to resolve it from a week or more, there is two way of winning in our community, LT winning and Ranking winning, i hope in this thread we are only talking about Ranking winning because LT winning is out of questions and this game is a tie game. Current ranking system has an admin, he can paste whatever he wants, but he still did not answer for my question what is Kryon Ranking List meaning of alliance that is strictly written in Ranking rules.

#57 03.06.2013 12:45:49

wieder
Administrator

edrim wrote:
Kryon wrote:

I also claim victory. Edrim made a post claiming victory for his alliance of 4 alive players. Unless one of them objects, I take that as each player claiming victory.

Here is the current situation:
Claims victory: (7 players)
kryon
akfaew
dimitril
edrim
joris
kull
lord_p

Dimitril wrote:

Kryon said post needed to be done here. He took your post for I don't know whatever reason.

But he still can writes whatever he wants. This is his ranking and he can put there anybody.

It was his poll about ending in T180, it is his ranking, and it is his topic, so i dont think if he can has any reason for writing anything he wants.

I am waiting for putting Grendel on a list:)

Sorry Kryon about saying he about you, but I only replayed to last mail in same style.

I guess Edrim's personal claim is valid since he quoted and posted that list into a correct thread. A list containing his nick and claiming him to be one of the winners.

However those other players didn't claim for victory by themselves (In the first message of this thread it says "If you are a survivor and do not respond to this thread for 10 days (until June 5th) then you'll be considered as defeated.") and they didn't do it themselves on this thread.

At a later time Jorid did claim for victory in an separate message.

Apparently the valid list is:
kryon
akfaew
dimitril
edrim
joris

However I have a feeling that there are two outcomes for this. If a limit of 7 players is exceeded, Edrim will say that his claim was valid and there should be no winners. If there are 7 or less winners, he will say that his claim was not valid and he is not claiming victory.

I'm not going to post any claims here because I don't really know what claim is supposed to be valid from Edrim's point of view and what's not. It was said that the post should be done here.

#58 03.06.2013 12:56:16

edrim
Ganoes Paran

wieder wrote:

However I have a feeling that there are two outcomes for this. If a limit of 7 players is exceeded, Edrim will say that his claim was valid and there should be no winners. If there are 7 or less winners, he will say that his claim was not valid and he is not claiming victory.

To cut off some speculations:

I am claiming victory

If it is need to cut this sick situation i will write this anywhere it will be need, i am inviting rest of players that knows that with time limit set to T180 bring a tie game to claim victory and stop this radiculous thread.

#59 03.06.2013 21:37:31

kull
Player

I claim victory

#60 04.06.2013 07:31:33

wieder
Administrator

Claiming for honourless victory may be something someone else does.

I'm not claiming for victory.

Also.

I'm not going to contribute taking away the real victory from someone deserving it even if someone else wants me to do that.

#61 04.06.2013 15:15:29

Tuhin
Player

This method of "who ever claims victory are listed as winners" makes no sense.
People who were nowhere near top scorers claiming victory so that the victory claimant list goes over 7 and the game becomes tie= aka subotaging the real winners is plain wrong.

#62 04.06.2013 16:18:41

edrim
Ganoes Paran

Tuhin wrote:

subotaging the real winners is plain wrong.

Can you paste real winners? I didnt see any list of them.
Can you give conditions to win LT31?

#63 04.06.2013 16:39:27

Archont
Player

Tuhin wrote:

This method of "who ever claims victory are listed as winners" makes no sense.

It makes sense just because our top priority is to have fun and not to ruin fun for others. : ) We are a community, not a bunch of egoist units. We can wage war of attrition on the board and nuke each other, but we never do something similar out of the game. At least, most of us.

edrim wrote:

Can you give conditions to win LT31?

You know, what I really always wanted to see in FreeCiv were the protectorate/vassal states, ie. nations who are forbidden of waging war against their protectors/sovereigns and are forced to pay them "gifts" each turn. This would keep losing players in the game and would make it even more fun for them, since vassals could scheme together to rebel against the sovereign. : ) But of course the winner would be the player, who'd have most vassals in the last turn.

What do you think about that?

Last edited by Archont (04.06.2013 16:47:05)

..(`)     In my spirit lies my faith
.(  )     Stronger than love and with me it will be
/(* *)  For always
./(_)()
Orchestra!

#64 04.06.2013 16:41:05

Tuhin
Player

Rules for winning in LT31 could have been clearer.
But if we judge from real world/logical winning condition, that will be:
  The alliance which is clear victorious. If they contain more than 7, then 7 members of them (as per agreement among the alliance members)

Another method is just the top 7 scorers at the end of the game, it is not accurate indicator who played the best, but it indicates well who are in "good shape" at the end... aka winners.

#65 04.06.2013 16:48:58

edrim
Ganoes Paran

Tuhin wrote:

The alliance which is clear victorious. If they contain more than 7, then 7 members of them (as per agreement among the alliance members)

Doest alliance which was clear victorious made w winning post?

#66 04.06.2013 19:00:38

Dimitril
Player

If you really want to know the lining of the church here it is for all I know:

0 Wieder (gave up victory so alliance could grow)
0 Xercise (gave up victory so alliance could grow)
0 Viznut (gave up victory so alliance could grow)
1 Dimitril
2 Akfaew
3 Grendel
4 tuhin
5 cgalik
6 sokrat
7 kyrilus

Player who didn't make it in the late game military line up (for reason like major defeat, idling, no interest in competitive game, etc...) but were keep alive so they could have some fun: Soon, Illvilja, Jumangee, Meton, Bamskamp, Elpolodiablo, Vendicar.

But of course, Kryon or edrim will not accept that as winning alliance as they are not part of it. So it's kinda pointless.

#67 04.06.2013 19:12:28

edrim
Ganoes Paran

Dimitril wrote:

1 Dimitril
2 Akfaew
3 Grendel
4 Tuhin
5 cgalik
6 sokrat
7 kyrilus

Nice one. Why didnt you made a winning post then? Only because anybody could not agree?
Only 17 players:( i thought it was much more:)

#68 04.06.2013 20:02:19

Dimitril
Player

It was impossible for us to elliminate all players, so any of them could disagree at that point. Kryon made it clear he would.

#69 04.06.2013 22:19:22

mrsynical
Player

I think the list is now at:

kryon
akfaew
dimitril
edrim
(joris)
(lord_p)
kull

I think you should reallly have to declare victory yourself. We can debate whether or not joris or lord_p should therefore be included.

So, (mrsynical) also claim the 6th or 8th victory spot (because I can and to live up to my name). Anybody else want to join our merry allliance?

Last edited by mrsynical (04.06.2013 22:24:01)

#70 04.06.2013 22:38:01

akfaew
Administrator

mrsynical wrote:

because I can

You can't, the time is up. You had 10 days from 26.05.2013 09:42:34, and you posted at 23:19:22.

#71 05.06.2013 05:12:28

wieder
Administrator

Apparently we had 6 winners for LT31.

big_smile

#72 05.06.2013 06:18:41

edrim
Ganoes Paran

akfaew wrote:
mrsynical wrote:

because I can

You can't, the time is up. You had 10 days from 26.05.2013 09:42:34, and you posted at 23:19:22.

How is it so? It was says that we have time till 5th June, yesterday was still 4th June:) another missunderstanding Kryon's posts?

Kryon wrote:

If you are a survivor and do not respond to this thread for 10 days (until June 5th) then you'll be considered as defeated.

Joris wrote:

I do not admit defeat and claim victory.

Joris has claimed victory in this thread, Lord_P didnt does it.

----------------
Edit says:
And IMO we have still hole day to claiming victories, because in normal situations it is 10 hole days, so when somebody write that someone else has 10 days from day x, it is start counting from day x+1 till the end of a day x+10.

Last edited by edrim (05.06.2013 06:25:50)

#73 05.06.2013 06:27:12

Grendel
Player

By my reckoning, 10 days from 26.05.2013 09:42:34 is 06.06.2013 09:42:34, which has not occurred yet.  And now we're arguing about when exactly the time period to claim victory ends.

My original post to claim victory was me trying to meet the condition required by the poll to make the game end.  I fully expected a string of players to claim victory and the game would be over.  But like MrSynical says, I may have been too late anyway, as "by turn 180" is vague.

edrim wrote:

Rule connected to poll was that an ally should win no later then T180, can you corespond with it? What is missunderstanding in:

poll wrote:

Shall we limit the alliance size to N/10 (N is the number of players and N/10 will be rounded to nearest integer)? If more than N/10 (alive) players claim victory by turn 180, the game will be ended without any winners.

Apparently there is a lot of misunderstanding.  "ally should win no later then T180" is not what the poll says.  The poll only describes a condition which must be met for the game to end without winners.  The condition was never met.  We never had 8 players claiming victory "by turn 180", so the game should not have ended.  I think people were reading the poll like this: "The game will end no later than T180 no matter what.  If more than 7 players claim victory at that time, the game has no winners."

Since the game should not have ended, maybe it should be brought back up again and maybe most of this arguing will stop when it ends properly.  I doubt this would be a popular idea though.

I'm on the fence about whether or not to officially claim victory (again).  This is just such a mess and there were so many players alive at the end that I'm thinking any victory would be a hollow one.

#74 05.06.2013 06:51:41

edrim
Ganoes Paran

Grendel wrote:

By my reckoning, 10 days from 26.05.2013 09:42:34 is 06.06.2013 09:42:34, which has not occurred yet.  And now we're arguing about when exactly the time period to claim victory ends.

You are missing some points, it was said about days not hours, so 10th days of 26.05.2013 09:42:34 is ending at 05.06.2013 23:59:59, but you still have right that there is still time to claim.

#75 05.06.2013 08:24:49

edrim
Ganoes Paran

Winner list wrote:

kryon
akfaew
dimitril
edrim
joris
kull
mrsynical

For me list looks like that and we still have 13 hours to extend it.

Board footer