#1 08.07.2014 14:53:41

akfaew
Administrator

no more polls

I have removed the poll functionality from the website, and all mention of polls from the rules. I strongly feel this method of passing new settings is slow and tedious, and is not working out as intended.

#2 12.07.2014 00:40:18

maho
Player

Re: no more polls

so what's new method of changing rules? By arbitrary decision of admin?

#3 12.07.2014 10:06:39

akfaew
Administrator

Yes

#4 12.07.2014 15:20:40

mmm2
Player

akfaew, I think we usually have 3-4 players who know the ruleset really well + 20 or so other voters who are noobs, and usually with vote yes for anything that sounds good. IMHO, it's good idea to remove voting for now. Only thing I liked about polls was that it was a way of starting discussion on forum. I can see how it is a burden to track the polls, most of which are nonsense. Although I feel like Lt31 was a great example of how the polls worked really well. We had much discussion on the forums, and in the end we had Dimitril who made a lot of the decisions about tweaking the settings to get it exactly right. I would like to make settings for LT35! I really want to make it a memorable game. Each game should have a few things added such as this game adding michaelangelo's and marco polo's. later we could take them out, but this slightly changes the strategy each time so every game is not the exact same steps.. well,... cu in the game!

#5 12.07.2014 15:42:40

wieder
Administrator

mmm2, I suppose there is nothing preventing you from starting a new thread with some discussion about the possible changes to the rules. That might actually be a good idea to start planning a game like that this soon if you have some real changes to the ruleset.

It seems like akfaew making the calls and people suggesting the changes worked well for lt33 but we still have one major problem. It's akfaew doing the hard work of actually implementing the changes. I've learned about the limitations of the game and this time I was able to suggest ideas that were not too hard to do. I just didn't feel confident enough to actually make all the changes yet. I tried some on a local game but obviously failed to understand some things. Like how to change 25% bonus from a market to 50%. It wasn't exactly as I had assumed it would be smile

What kind of changes you are thinking about?

#6 12.07.2014 16:41:57

mmm2
Player

wieder wrote:

mmm2, I suppose there is nothing preventing you from starting a new thread with some discussion about the possible changes to the rules. That might actually be a good idea to start planning a game like that this soon if you have some real changes to the ruleset.

It seems like akfaew making the calls and people suggesting the changes worked well for lt33 but we still have one major problem. It's akfaew doing the hard work of actually implementing the changes. I've learned about the limitations of the game and this time I was able to suggest ideas that were not too hard to do. I just didn't feel confident enough to actually make all the changes yet. I tried some on a local game but obviously failed to understand some things. Like how to change 25% bonus from a market to 50%. It wasn't exactly as I had assumed it would be smile

What kind of changes you are thinking about?

I would like to add internet small wonder. this wonder would prevent messages until player invented internet. if player tried to send message on chatbox with no internet they would get message saying "oops, internet has not been built yet."

Last edited by mmm2 (12.07.2014 17:00:27)

#7 14.07.2014 15:15:34

Nimrod
Player

What, no carrier pigeons ? wink

========================
"Shhh ! I'm hunting wabbitts ... "
                  NIMROD
========================

Board footer