#1 13.08.2014 13:55:42

akfaew
Administrator

New rule: multiple accounts and IP sharing

I have added a new rule:

Each player can only have one account. If more than one player will use the same IP address a post explaining the situation must be made in the forum of any affected game.

Does anybody object?

#2 14.08.2014 13:58:53

Nimrod
Player

Re: New rule: multiple accounts and IP sharing

No objections, but I can imagine that some people run networks at home with several computers. These would all be sharing the same external facing IP, despite being separate computers. FYI.

========================
"Shhh ! I'm hunting wabbitts ... "
                  NIMROD
========================

#3 14.08.2014 18:15:29

wieder
Administrator

The problem is that not everyone understands that they may have the same IP while they actually have. Then again this may be a problem if those players ally or help each other.

How about?

"Each human player can only have one account. Players playing from the same place (same home network, shared connection, family members living together) should show common courtesy and explain why they are connecting from the same address. Players knowing each other before the game and teaming because of that is something that should not happen ."

Doesn't really sound that good for me, but it might be worth pointing out how pre arranged teams are something belonging to team games and not for any game. The rule could cover family members allying just as well as anyone else doing that.

Another point could be that peoples having pre-game alliances should announce those on the forum before the game starts.

#4 14.08.2014 19:34:07

cgalik
Player

I think just stick with:
"Each human player can only have one account. Players playing from the same place (same home network, shared connection, family members living together) must explain on the forum why they are connecting from the same IP address."

I don't think we should say if people can or can't play on the same team. Even those that have played a while do and do not want to play with certain players. And we want to encourage people to bring family and friends, right?

Board footer