#1 18.03.2015 18:38:43

maho
Player

longturn.org may be down

Hi,

I'm moving my DNS server to new server, while old will be shut off tomorrow. Unfortunately tomorrow I will be AFK and it's very likely that longturn.org will be not resolveable during nearest few days.

So, be prepared to problems with accessing website, forums, etc...

You can connect to game by ip numbers, which for lt34.longturn.org is 212.232.29.125

Sorry for inconvenience sad. I hoped that I will start doing it week earlier.

#2 18.03.2015 22:51:10

wieder
Administrator

Re: longturn.org may be down

Thanks for the message and for the DNS stuff!

I have informed the players and we may have an extended turn for LT34. We will check about that in the morning.

Some players have reported that the DNS is already down. If you have good guesses about when you might be able to get it back, that would be cool. People love speculation big_smile

#3 19.03.2015 06:37:08

HanduMan
Player

wieder wrote:

Some players have reported that the DNS is already down.

If it was down then it's back up again. Just joined the game using the usual server name.

#4 19.03.2015 17:03:16

maho
Player

wieder wrote:

Thanks for the message and for the DNS stuff!

I have informed the players and we may have an extended turn for LT34. We will check about that in the morning.

Some players have reported that the DNS is already down. If you have good guesses about when you might be able to get it back, that would be cool. People love speculation big_smile

I didn't notice that I forgot semicolon in DNS conf and it didn't survived reboot. Now should be ok, at least for a while.

#5 19.03.2015 17:39:02

wieder
Administrator

Thanks for fixing it!

What do you think? Will some people still have issues connecting and how quickly the dns servers will be updated? Does the "for a while" mean that it will be moved/something again soon?

#6 20.03.2015 00:50:48

maho
Player

next it was down again and now I moved with DNS to my ISP DNSes and I hope it will be stable now.

Board footer