#1 01.01.2012 11:15:47

akfaew
Administrator

city trading is enabled

Apparently city trading is enabled. It cannot be changed after the game starts. So I either have to recompile the server and remove that restraint, edit the savegame, or leave it as it is.

I myself would like to give city trading another try. Keep it enabled but implement some restraints or penalties.

#2 01.01.2012 12:37:16

sgik
Player
Website

Re: city trading is enabled

Forgive my ignorance, but by "city trading", do you mean that a player can transfer ownership of a city to another player, or do you mean that caravans/freight can be used to establish trade routes? Because if it's the latter, then I'm all for it. (I don't know why it was disabled in the first place.)

some guy I know

#3 01.01.2012 14:50:12

maho
Player

Re: city trading is enabled

akfaew wrote:

Apparently city trading is enabled. It cannot be changed after the game starts. So I either have to recompile the server and remove that restraint, edit the savegame, or leave it as it is.

I myself would like to give city trading another try. Keep it enabled but implement some restraints or penalties.

There is another option: you can do gdb attach <PID>, where PID is process id of freeciv-server, and do print game.citytrading=1 or something like that, exit

Board footer