#1 13.11.2011 10:01:28

Kryon
Player

New LT website

Hello all,

First of all, I thank akfaew (dude?) for the new website. It looks great and has very nice new features but it also has various important issues. At a first look, I noticed a few important things to fix:

- The screenshots are nice but show maps of LT29 which I believe is still going on. Those should be removed.

- Why do we have to register again? The issue is, any player can select any other player's nickname and ruin his reputation. It'd be better if the players from old website were transferred here. Only new players should register.

- Why do we have to register twice (one for the website, one for the forum)? Registering once should be enough.

- Marduk's ranking is missing.

Kryon

Last edited by Kryon (13.11.2011 10:15:57)

#2 13.11.2011 10:45:11

akfaew
Administrator

Re: New LT website

I cant import old accounts, since Django stores passwords in a different format than Drupal.

I'll see what I can do about automatic forum account creation.

#3 13.11.2011 14:26:06

akfaew
Administrator

As it turns out i actually can import old accounts. However, there are 7135 accounts, most of them spam so some cleaning would have to be done first.

Anyway, registration to this forum is now closed (that solved the spam problem). To create a forum account click 'create' in your profile.

#4 18.11.2011 20:14:46

Marduk
Administrator

Yea looks like a good website!

Dude already contacted me about the ranking list, we'll figure out a way to get it into the new website. All info and scores are preserved on my computer (and backed up). So far I used a messy excel file and entered the scores into the website manually, probably we can set up a more smooth system for this new website.

#5 19.11.2011 12:37:39

pipo
Player

This site looks promising.  Thank you Dude and everybody else for great work.

Board footer