#1 25.05.2018 07:14:52

maho
Player

New privacy regulations - domain ownership

Hi,

As you know, I'm the owner of the domain longturn.org - not because I strongly like to be owner, but because I bought it and it left as is.

BUT, now we have new things (which however makes me wonder if I did right to vote for Poland joining the EU), GDPR act, which made some madness in internet. AFAIK, every forum owner/administrator should comply some duties regarding informing, registering, privacy policy etc..

I don't know details and I don't want to. But domain is mine, and I'm in natural way associated with the forum. If some sad man with black briefcase will visit me, he will probably won't believe that I have no idea who is current administrator of the forum, because I stopped being administrator 10 years ago, ceded it to Dude, which hoever is unknown for me in real life wink.

So, anyone willing to get domain from me? smile I would like to make formal transfer to someone.

#2 07.06.2018 14:45:52

wieder
Administrator

Re: New privacy regulations - domain ownership

Stuff here happens really slowly. Meanwhile, if you are ok with it, I could write a short GDPR document using one very good Finnish one as the guideline. It's not super complicated and should be ok.

#3 07.06.2018 14:50:55

maho
Player

well, it's no longer mine forum, so feel free to do what you feel is right. BTW - WHO is owner, administrator of longturn.org and forum?

I'm only formal owner of domain smile.

#4 07.06.2018 15:58:35

wieder
Administrator

Here are my thoughts about who longturn.org is organized.

http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=89950

Some stuff is missing. Like the contributor for the server hardware and people helping with all kinds of stuff. I guess this is kind of a party where someone brings some food, someone a case of beer and someone music. And someone contributes some room for partying smile

We have a Finnish word for that: "nyyttikestit" but I'm nots ure what that is in English. Here are some suggestions:

http://www.sanakirja.org/search.php?id=695395&l2=3

Board footer